HI! This is my blog and on here, it will include a lot of the bead work I have done over the years. A lot of the work is medallions and earrings. And it is more contemporary with the style and materials that I use. Please comment on the posts and pictures that you like, ask any questions if you have any :) I can be contacted here or at my email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for viewing! I hope you like it
My parents have always taught me to share things with others. This is me sharing the talent of beading with all who are interested. I want to share this Talent I have learned with others, so they can learn too! I have it for display in hopes that I might be able to help and inspire others who are interested in beading! Because this way, others can make their own jewelry with out having to pay for it, and be proud that they did it themselves! :) *Remember that people have their own ways of doing things, this is the way that I am comfortable beading. ** This is a hobby for me, it is something I do as a stress reliever and for fun.. all while putting my heart into it <3
Feel free to comment on the posts you like! I enjoy the feedback.. If you have any questions, please ask and I will respond.
I made this video for all who are wondering what supplies & materials for Beading.
1. BEADS - Beads come in all shapes, and all sizes and in many different colors.. The beads that I use a majority of the time are cut beads, in particular.. size 9, 3-cut beads.. and size 11/10, 2 cut beads.. and the common size 11 seed beads. I get my beads from a store where I live.. BUT, I also get them online.. I'll post the links below..
2. THREAD - I use the heavy duty, size D thread. It comes on different spool sizes.. I believe you can buy these at craft stores like Joann's or Michael's..
3. NEEDLES - I use the PONY Brand size 10 beading needles.. They are longer and sturdy. I like them heaps.
4. FABRIC STABILIZER - I use the Extra Firm Stabilizer that is for crafts and home decor. I buy mine at WAL-MART, but you can also get it at JOANN'S, Michael's, or any other craft store..
5. GLUE - I use Aleene's Original Tacky Glue, it is an All-Purpose Glue. This can be purchased at Wal-Mart or any other craft store.
6. SCISSORS - I don't think the brand of the scissors matters so much, just as long as you have a pair to cut the thread, stabilizer or backing.. I like using Westcott brand scissors, especially when I work with buckskin..
7. RHINESTONE BANDING - Rhinestone Banding comes in different stone colors, banding colors, and sizes.
8. PAPER - I use paper to draw the design I'm going to bead. I attach that to the Stabilizer with glue, so I have an Idea of what I want the outcome to look like. Any paper works for this..
9. BUCKSKIN - I use this for the backing of a medallion or a pair of earrings. I think you can use any hide you have.. I mainly use deer and sometimes Elk. Others have used sheep..
10. CARDBOARD - This is optional for a medallion, but you can use cardboard to make the medallion more sturdy. I like using cardboard from a regular school notebook.
11. EARRING HOOKS - Earring hooks are used for earrings. You can buy them at any craft store..
12. GEMS, SHELLS, MIRRORS - These can go in the center of earrings and medallion.. They are available in all shapes, sizes, and colors.. They can be bought at any craft store...
Okay, here is the video of a tutorial I made on how to bead a Rosette! This one has been requested by lots of people! More information on this piece is on a previous post down below.. SO I am glad to present it to them :) I hope you like it!
It has been a couple weeks since I've beaded, and yesterday in class I kept thinking to myself that I need to bead. So when I got home, I decided to do something fast and pretty.. This is what I beaded. I think its roses? lol, but they're flowers... And that is using size 9-3 cut beads and size 11-2 cut beads for the flowers. The background beads is size 11 seed beads. I used some rhinestone banding that is a little bigger and has an extra sparkle.. But I'll probably be beading a whole lot more, I got to pay for my classes next semester :O Blast!
Here is the piece I did last night :)